Fill out the entry form below, and upload a video with an accompanying name and caption (brief description of video content) that you feel will help bring your idea to life or support your business plan. Must complete all *REQUIRED fields before submitting.
|EVENTS||Events START at 12:00:00 AM EST||Events END at 11:59:59 PM EST|
|ENTRY SUBMISSION PERIOD||6/27/17||8/8/17|
|PRELIMINARY JUDGING ROUND||8/10/17||8/15/17|
|WINNER CLEARANCE PROCESS||8/26/17||8/31/17|
|WINNERS ANNOUNCED ONLINE||9/12/17|
Based on the Celebrity Panel Scores, the three (3) highest scoring Entrants will be deemed Winners, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
In the event of a tie, all tied entries will be re-scored by an additional Celebrity judge selected by Sponsor, who, using the Celebrity Judging Criteria published in these Official Rules, will break the tie. The judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than three (3) Winners if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries.
8. Notification of Winners: The Winners will be notified by mail, phone, or e-mail on or about August 26, 2017 and will be required to sign and properly execute the following documents and return them via e-mail or fax (and subsequently by mail per instructions to be provided) to Administrator (Marden-Kane, Inc.) by 3 PM EST August 29, 2017: (1) Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release; (2) Submitted Materials Release; (3) W-9 Tax Form; (4) Background Check Approval Form; (5) verifiable proof of military status; and (6) verifiable proof of tax exempt status (if applicable). Note; the “Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release”(where lawful) contains consent to use Winners full name(s), likeness, city of residence, background, stories, videos, and photographs for promotional purposes and without additional compensation. The refusal of such consent will prevent Winners from receiving the Grand Prize. If any documents sent by any means to the Winners are returned as undeliverable or if a Winner fails to properly execute and return all documents described herein in the time noted, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Winner will be disqualified and, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, the next highest scoring Entry will move up and be notified, time permitting. The three (3) Winners are considered “Potential” pending submission of required documents and verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, all Entrant’s selected as potential Winners agree to have their name, name of business, business city, and state posted online.
Designation as a Winner is subject to Entrant’s proof of compliance with these Official Rules, maintaining compliance with these Official Rules, and approval by Sponsor. Entrants acknowledge that other Entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their Entry that may have familiarities or similarities to their Entry, and that they will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with or receive any compensation from the Contest Entities because of these familiarities or similarities. The Panel’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules.
9. Grant of Right: Once submitted, all materials and information become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an Entry, you irrevocably grant to Sponsor, its affiliates, agents and licensees, the royalty-free right and permission to unconditionally and perpetually reproduce, copy, store, transmit, publish, display, adapt and/or otherwise use or reuse your submission, name, picture, voice, statements, background and biographical material, photographs, pictures, videos, stories, testimonials or other likeness, prize information, any information contained in your submission, as well as any other information or materials arising out of your participation in the Contest for advertising, promotional, commercial, publicity and/or any other purposes (without limitation), in any and all media now or hereafter known, in any language, throughout the world, in perpetuity and in any manner without further review, notice, approval, consideration or compensation of Entrant. Unless prohibited by law, you waive any rights of privacy, rights of publicity, intellectual property rights, and other rights that may preclude Sponsor from using or disclosing all or any part of your Entry in any manner and for any purpose. By submitting an Entry, you further release Sponsor from any future claims arising out of any use or disclosure of your Entry consistent with these Official Rules. All accepted submissions will be screened and may be published on the Internet or in other media at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Without limitation to the foregoing, Sponsor may post any and all submissions on the Contest Website following the Contest Period. The use or publication of an Entrant’s name or information in connection with the Contest does not signify that the Entrant is a Contest Winner. By submitting an Entry, you acknowledge and agree that you will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for your Entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules, whether you are chosen as a Winner or not. You further agree that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules or to use any of submissions in any way.
* If for any reason Winner is unavailable or unable to travel on the dates indicated above, the Mentorship and all related travel, including the check in the amount of $1,000, will be forfeited. Sponsor is released from providing this portion of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be due to the Winner and the Contest Entities shall have no obligation to the Winner aside from providing the remaining portions of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for unawarded elements of the Prize.
**If for any reason Daymond John is unavailable to meet with a Winner, Sponsor will attempt to provide a substitute consultant. In a situation where a substitute consultant is not available, Sponsor is not responsible and is released from providing the Mentorship and all related travel, including the check in the amount of $1,000, the Contest Entities shall have no obligation to the Winner aside from providing the remaining portions of the prize and no substitution or compensation will be provided for unawarded elements of the Prize.
***All other expenses not listed are the responsibility of the Winner. If any Winner resides within a 100 mile radius of New York City, New York, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of airfare.
All details of Prizes not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted in case of force majeure or prize unavailability. Prize Winner is responsible for the payment of all taxes and any required income tax withholding on the prize and for any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. All costs and expenses relating to acceptance and use of prize, which are not explicitly listed herein as being awarded, are responsibility of Prize Winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor.
Any difference between the estimated and actual value of any Prize will not be awarded.
11. Limitation of Liability: The Contest Entities are not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly, or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, access any website associated with this Contest, or process any transaction thereon. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry and to modify, terminate, or suspend this Contest should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, action of Entrants, or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Contest and, if the Contest is modified, terminated, or suspended, select winners from those eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such modification, termination, or suspension. Should the Contest be terminated or modified prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Contest Website. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this Contest via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated Entry devices or programs is prohibited.
12. Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Ohio, in the City of New Albany, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction as provided herein. Entrants agree that this Contest is governed, interpreted, and enforced by the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Any and all legal actions, claims or proceedings arising out of, or in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Ohio. The Contest Entrant and all persons making claim through or on account of the Contest Entrant, hereby agrees to and irrevocably consents to the venue of the applicable state or federal courts sitting in Ohio and submits to the jurisdiction of said courts. The parties waive all rights to trial BY JURY in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
13. Acknowledgment by Entrants and Release: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE DECISIONS OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND JUDGES, WARRANTS THAT HE/SHE IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST, AND AGREES TO release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Contest Entities, Meredith Xcelerated Marketing Corporation, Daymond John and all judges in the contest, and each of their PARENT COMPANIES, DIVISIONS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENCIES OF EACH (collectively, “released Parties”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITY, AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) ASSERTED AGAINST ANY OF THE released parties, INCURRED, SUSTAINED, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE creation or submission of an entry, USE, ACCEPTANCE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATING IN, AND/OR TRAVELLING TO OR FROM ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, invasion of privacy (under misappropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the contest and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Contest, including the prizes, is provided “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR LOSS OF PROFIT ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE.
14. Winners List: The name of the Winners will be posted on Contest website after September 12, 2017.
15. Sponsor: Bob Evans Farms, Inc., 8111 Smith's Mill Road, New Albany, OH 43054.
16. Administrator: Marden-Kane, Inc., 195 Froehlich Farm Blvd., Woodbury, New York 11797.
© 2017 Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited, or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.
Thank you for applying for the "Heroes to CEOs" Veteran's Grant! Make sure to spread the word to other veterans with a business or idea that could use a boost!